Sensational Vietnam & Laos (Summer 2019)
Sensational Vietnam & Laos (Summer 2019)
Delve into the fascinating culture and history of Vietnam, as you travel from iconic cities to island-dotted bays in perfect luxury. Participate in Vietnamese cooking classes, learn about local hidden gems from passionate experts and marvel at dazzling landscapes along the way.
- Ho Chi Minh: At the Art Salon Saigon, you will enjoy a Welcome Dinner set in a sophisticated atmosphere and accompanied by live music as you get to know your fellow travellers.
- Ho Chi Minh: Learn about local street-side cafe culture and gain an appreciation as you enjoy a cup of Vietnamese coffee.
- Mekong Delta: Enjoy freshly-made Mekong delta specialties for lunch.
- Hue: Join your fellow travellers and sit down to a delicious meal, accompanied with wine, at a local restaurant.
- Hue: Visit the 18th century Dong Thuyen Pagoda and dine on an organic vegetarian lunch prepared by Buddhist nuns. Chat to them and learn about their beliefs, practices and food philosophies.
- Hoi An: For a Your Choice Evening, choose from one of three hand-selected restaurants, each specialising in different cuisine from traditional to modern Vietnamese, or an east-meets-west fusion.
- Hoi An: Meet a local chef who will lead a hands-on cooking class and learn how to create some of the local specialities that you will enjoy for your Highlight Lunch.
- Hanoi: Join a passionate foodie on a walking tour to some of the city’s most interesting areas and experience the vibrancy of Hanoi’s street-food culture. Taste local treats, such as rice paper rolls, pho bo which is beef noodle soup and com cake.
- Luang Prabang: Join your fellow travellers at Khaiphaen for a family-sharing style lunch. This is a local vocational training restaurant that reinvests all profits back into the trainees and their supporting social programs, to assist them becoming skilled, productive professionals with a more secure future.
- Dining Summary: 13 Breakfasts (B), 5 Lunches (L), 1 Lunch with Wine (LW), 1 Dinner (D) and 5 Dinners with Wine (DW).
- Ho Chi Minh City: Experience the vibrancy of Ho Chi Minh City, formerly known as Saigon, as you visit its most iconic attractions and learn about its street food and coffee culture.
- Ho Chi Minh City: Join a Viet Cong veteran to visit the underground C? Chi tunnels and learn about their experience.
- Ho Chi Minh City: Enjoy a private Meekong River Cruise and learn about coconut processing.
- Ho Chi Minh City: Enjoy a ride on a tri-motorcycle through tropical surroundings and learn about how rice noodles are produced.
- Hue: Enjoy a short flight from Ho Chi Minh to Hue.
- Hue: Cycle through rice fields to Thanh Toan village, visit the local market and soak in the agricultural way of life.
- Hue: Visit the Imperial tomb of Emperor Minh Mang.
- Hoi An: Explore the traditional old town see the Japanese covered bridge, fruit and vegetable market and look out for the coloured lanterns.
- Hoi An: Ride a traditional bamboo basket boat to Thanh Dong village and learn about the village’s traditional way of life.
- Hanoi: Enjoy a short flight from Hoi An to Hanoi.
- Hanoi: Ride an electric cart and see the main sights of Hanoi including the Opera House.
- Halong Bay: Board your deluxe junk boat for an overnight cruise to experience this UNESCO world heritage site.
- Halong Bay: Visit the spectacular Tien Ong cave and explore the Cua Van area.
- Luang Prabang: Take a short flight from Hanoi to Luang Prabang.
- Luang Prabang: Participate in an age-old Buddhist tradition, by offering alms to hundreds of saffron-robed monks.
- Luang Prabang: Uncover the highlights and secret gems of Luang Prabang with your Local Expert during a walk through this UNESCO World Heritage Site. See the fusion of traditional architecture with the colonial styles of the 19th and 20th centuries, as you wander through the alleyways to witness local life. Also learn about the treasures and traditions of the area.
- Luang Prabang: Take a walk to the top of Mount Phousi for the most spectacular views over the Meekong and Khan rivers.
- Luang Prabang: Join a sunset cruise on the Mekong, observing rural life along the tree-lined banks of the river. Enjoy a chilled drink and take brilliant photos of the sunset over the river.
- Luang Prabang: As the city is waking up, visit the bustling morning markets.
- Ho Chi Minh: One of Vietnam’s leading hotels, the five-star InterContinental Saigon is situated in the very heart of the city and is a short walk from famous landmarks such as Notre Dame Cathedral and the Saigon Post Office. Enjoy your refined deluxe suite and a range of facilities, including elegant restaurants, a library and a spa.
- Hue: Find balance and harmony at the peaceful Pilgrimage Village, situated among leafy trees and quiet countryside. Participate in meditation, yoga or tai chi classes or unwind in the steam bath.
- Hoi An: Positioned on the banks of the Thu Bon River, the luxurious Anantara Hoi An Resort is situated moments away from the charming historic part of Hoi An. Take in the tranquil atmosphere from a sunbed overlooking the river, treat yourself to a massage at the spa or cool down in the swimming pool.
- Hanoi: Voted the best boutique hotel in Asia, Hotel de l’Opera Hanoi embodies the glamour of a night at the opera. It is situated in the centre of Hanoi, within walking distance of the Hanoi Opera House and Hoan Kiem Lake, and offers sumptuous guest bedrooms, a spa and a selection of fine restaurants.
- Halong Bay: The majestic Jasmine Cruise Halong Bay epitomises seafaring at its most stylish. Fitted out in the 1930s Indochina style, the Halong Jasmine features spacious cabins, restauran…
Dynamic Ho Chi Minh City.
Marvels of Saigon.
Cruise the Mekong Delta.
Royal Refinement in Hue.
Highlights of Hue.
Romantic Hoi An.
The locals in Hoi An.
Hanoi street-food tasting tour.
Cruise along Ha Long Bay.
Ha Long to Hanoi.
The Temple of Literature.
Welcome to Laos.
UNESCO Heritage Discovery and Sunset Cruise.
Depart Luang Prabang.