Best of Morocco
Best of Morocco
If you’re looking for a two-week adventure full of Morocco’s highlights, this trip is for you! From sacred sites and bustling medinas to the rural villages of the High Atlas Mountains and the expanse of the Sahara Desert, you’ll be hitting all the popular hotspots and stopping for air in some of the country’s best kept secrets. Explore the Roman ruins of Volubilis, find the cultural heart of Morocco in Fes el Bali, road trip through everchanging scenery (look out for Barbary apes and nomadic shepherds along the way), ride a camel towards a desert sunset, hike through lush palm groves in Todra Valley, discover popular filming locations in World Heritage-listed Ait Benhaddou, kick back and unwind in seaside Essaouria and top it all off with the street food bazaars and performers in Djemaa el-Fna Square in Marrakech.
- Rabat – Leader-led orientation walk
- Volubilis – Entrance and guided tour
- Fes – Medina walking tour
- Fes – Medersa El Attarine
- Fes – Funduq al-Najjarin
- Fes – Tannery visit
- Midelt – walking tour Berrem village
- Midelt – Local family visit with tea & pastry
- Sahara Desert – Sunset Camel Ride
- El Khorbat – Oasis Museum
- El Khorbat – Kasbah village visit
- Sahara – Sunrise
- Ait Benhaddou – Leader-led ksar walk
- Atlas Mountains – Half-day hike
- Atlas Mountains – Local lunch with mountain view
- Essaouira – Guided walking tour
- Essaouira – Local fisherman visit
- Marrakech – Medina walking tour
- Marrakech – Tasting Trail
- Learn about history and culture from a local tour guide and feel like you’ve travelled back to the Middle Ages in the labyrinthine medina of bustling Fes.
- Stay in a traditional Amazigh homestay high in the Atlas Mountains and enjoy a homecooked meal of Moroccan favourites, learning about the culture and traditions of an Indigenous population who stand the test of time.
- Trek through the dramatic red dunes of the Sahara Desert on a camel’s back, experiencing an unforgettable sunset – then stay under a blanket of North African stars in a desert camp.
- Kick back in the coastal town of Essaouira and discover the winding laneways at your own pace. Then, meet a local fisherman by the seaside and learn about his life and this traditional practice.
- Explore the old medina of Marrakech with a knowledgeable local guide, discovering the myriad of sights, smells and sounds along zigzagging lanes. Then, discover the colourful chaos of Djemaa el-Fna Square.
High Atlas Mountain/Essaouira