Gems of Britain - Classic Group, 2021
Gems Of Britain – Classic Group, 2021
Succinct and full of bucket-list highlights, this spirited journey captures the essence of Britain in only a few days. It includes a fantastic cross-section of Britain’s historic towns, traditional heritage, cultural figures and idyllic scenic landscapes.
- York: In the evening, enjoy a Welcome Dinner and the chance to get to know your fellow travellers.
- Dining Summary: 4 Breakfast (B), 1 Dinner with Wine (DW)
- Bath: Choose to visit the well-preserved remains of the Roman Baths, where natural hot springs still flow or alternatively, step into the world of an esteemed author at the Jane Austen Centre.
Top Rated Highlights
- Stratford-upon-Avon: Learn about the life of William Shakespeare, arguably history’s most famous writer, when you visit his birthplace. Then enjoy some time to explore this pretty town with its iconic Tudor houses.
- York: Your Travel Director will show you the York Minster, the city walls and the medieval Shambles during you orientation of the city.
- Jedburgh: See the Abbey, now in ruins.
- Edinburgh: Explore the city with your Local Expert as you travel along Princes Street to see the Scott Memorial, the neoclassical Adam facades of New Town and the official Scottish residence of the Queen, Palace of Holyroodhouse.
- Liverpool: Stay in the home city of The Beatles.
- Chester: During you orientation with your Travel Director see the Jubilee Clock, the cathedral, city walls and famous black and white Rows.
- Cardiff: During an orientation with your Travel Director, see the castle and Principality Stadium.
- Bath: During an orientation you will see the Royal Crescent, Pulteney Bridge and Bath Abbey.
- Stonehenge: Walk around the strange and awe-inspiring monoliths that have reputedly stood for 5,000 years.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport
London & Medieval York
Over the Border to Edinburgh
The Lake District and Liverpool
Roman Chester and Cardiff
Bath, Stonehenge and London