Charlotte AmalieCopyright: daveynin/cc by 2.0/Flickr
Build in the 1670s as the administrative centre of the island and military grounds, the bright red Fort Christian now hosts the St Thomas museum. Explore the old photos, antique furniture and artifacts connected to the history of the island.
- Address: Between Veterans Drive and Emancipation Garden, Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas Island
- Phone: +1 340 714 3678
- More Info: www.nps.gov/nr/travel/prvi/pr29.htm
- Opening House: Mon–Fri 8:30am–4:30pm
- Address: The museum is being restored, so you won't get to see the entire collection.
- More Info: https://www.facebook.com/fortchristian2018/
Do & See
There are plenty of things to explore in Charlotte Amelie: up in the hills, by the sea and underwater. Culture, food and drinks, stunning nature and delightful shopping opportunities — you'll never get bored.