WUATA (WHY USE A TRAVEL AGENT?)
Courtesy of Carnival Cruises and Charles Cooper OA extraordinaire! Thanks Charles!
1. We know the market and will be able to match you with a better product than you can find on the Internet. As is often said, "The internet is for looking, a travel agent is for booking."
2. If something goes wrong on your trip, we will go to bat for you -- no matter who is at fault -- and try to get your vacation back on track.
3. We have access to a variety of tools that the average consumer is not able to use or doesn't know about. We can sometimes get you a better seat on an airplane, added amenities at hotels, room upgrades, event tickets, and plan activities for you.
4. Your time is valuable and you shouldn't have to spend it searching for the right vacation. We can do that for you. We can match you with the vacation that you actually want, not the one that you saw on television. There is a difference between travel inspiration and actual travel desires. Destinations may look good on TV but not actually be ideal for you personally. We can help you define what it is you want to get out of a vacation.
5. As you develop a relationship with us, we are able to target the right trips for you without even having a conversation. Ideally, a simple phone call or email could result in your next vacation -- already planned.
6. Often, we can save you money based on our supplier relationships -- or at least match the price you find -- while saving you time and effort. There are also hidden savings built into trips. We will book transfers for you, included in the price. Sometimes a package that you book yourself won't include those, making the experience appear cheaper.
7. There are a lot of value-adds that consumers don't even know about that can be added by a travel agent. Ever wonder why the couple in the cabin next to yours got champagne and you didn't? They probably used a travel agent.
8. Travel agents have inside information on the best times to go to crowded destinations and they sometimes even know what the new "it" destinations are going to be before the masses. Want to get there first? Use a travel agent.
9. Some tours and experiences are only available through us. We offer a lot of components and simply want to make sure a customer is right for their experience -- exotic tours, treks, private jet products are often only available through us. ** This cannot be stated enough! When you're looking for Extra Ordinary - a Travel Agent is the ONLY Way To Go!
10. We are some of the most well-rounded, funny, personable and knowledgeable people you'll meet. We are passionate about sharing the world with you.